 Announcements / 1031
1030  |  1032
Subject:
Pokemon Lego sculpture
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.org.us.baylug
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 23:05:12 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I built these models a couple of months ago, but I've been dragging my
feet about getting pictures on the web.  However, I brought them to
the BayLUG meeting this past weekend, and as a result pictures of them
have made it onto the club website.  To see them, go to
http://www.baylug.org/
or if you just want to see the models, you can go to one of these:
http://www.baylug.org/fests/2001-03/AUT_7570.JPG
http://www.baylug.org/fests/2001-03/AUT_7571.JPG

These are life-size sculptures of Pikachu and Bulbasaur, two of the
most famous Pokemon.  I know not everyone loves Pokemon, but my wife
and I enjoy it a lot.  When I first came across Eric Harshbarger's
site, I felt motivated to try to make similar constructions, and the
first idea I had was to make Pikachu.  But once I did that, he was
lonely, so I made Bulbasaur to go with him.

The colors are not quite the same as the "real" Pokemon - the stripes
on Pikachu's back should be brown, not black, and Bulbasaur should be
a lighter shade of blue.  But I set a restriction on myself that I
would only use pieces from the 3033 blue tubs.  I bought 12 of them,
and while I have a lot of the smaller bricks left over, I used almost
all of the larger ones of all colors (inside their bodies is a grid of
supporting structures, mostly 1x8's horizontally and 2x2's and 2x3's
vertically).

Check 'em out and let me know what you think.  I have some photos of
the internals and from more angles that I need to scan and put on the
Web - sooner or later I'll get around to it.

--Bill.

FUT: lugnet.build

--
William R Ward        hermit@bayview.com      http://www.bayview.com/~hermit/
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."-Groucho Marx