 Animation / 92
Re: "2001: A Lego Odyssey" - A New Lego Movie!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:16:39 GMT

In lugnet.publish.cinema, Jason J. Railton writes:
In lugnet.publish.cinema, Marc Atkin writes:
In lugnet.publish.cinema, Jason J. Railton writes:
But, I have a question - what exactly is in the silhouette picture that pops
up during the monolith sequence?

If you are referring to the part I think you are referring to, the thing that
fades over the monolith is the RCX brick...

No, not that (I've got an RCX).  I meant the odd black shape that appears as
a still on different coloured backgrounds between phases of the POV
sequences.  What on earth is it?

Ohhhhh [light bulb goes on over head]... That's a close-up of the minifig's
eye, you know, like in the real movie at the end...

Although the tilting bearings came in in 1979 with the
first classic Space sets, they didn't have the 2x2 tops on.  The first ones
of those I saw were in the Star Wars sets in 1999, though they may have come
in a little earlier.  The red technic 24 tooth gear is a no-no too, and I
don't think the black Space 2x1 plate with handles/probes/cannons/whatever
came in until a few years later - though they might have sneaked into late
1980 sets.  The yellow 2x2 cone (I think that's what it is - I only
downloaded the small version of the film.  If it's a yellow worm gear, ooooh
dear) is from much later, when these space shaped pieces moved into town
sets, and I'm not too sure about the white technic beam either.  So, you can
safely sack your technical adviser :)

Points taken. I feared the red gear might have been new but I thought the other
pieces were around for a while. But if it's of any consolation, I have sacked
my technical advisor - he'll never work in this town again! :) :)

-- Marc