 Animation / 75
Re: "2001: A Lego Odyssey" - A New Lego Movie!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:47:01 GMT

Wow!  Marc, that was absolutely fantastic.  I showed it around and work, and
people loved it.  Utterly brilliant.

But, I have a question - what exactly is in the silhouette picture that pops
up during the monolith sequence?

I thought that the point of the end of the film is that the LEGO minifig is
finally shown a regular sized standard brick (they've all been scaled down
up until then), revealing to him that he too is LEGO, as is the whole
universe he inhabits.  Thus he is given the power to shape and build without
guidance.  Or something.

<SPOD>Being a nit-picking sci-fi nut, the 1980 LEGO isn't very accurate.  I
can see that the whole timescale thing is a little skewed for the narrative,
and I did think the contemporary scene with the monolith in the woman's
house was quite amusing.  I would guess that the 1980 scene was about the
introduction of the minifig themes and technical Lego, but it included
pieces that weren't actually introduced for another twenty years.</SPOD>

Look, it's just for controversy, okay?  I thought it was brilliant.

Jason J Railton