 Animation / 95
Re: "2001: A Lego Odyssey" - A New Lego Movie!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:45:48 GMT

In lugnet.publish.cinema, Marc Atkin writes:
Ohhhhh [light bulb goes on over head]... That's a close-up of the minifig's
eye, you know, like in the real movie at the end...
-- Marc

Oh right! I see it now.  I don't recall those shots in the trippy bit, but
it's been a while since I watched the movie.  And I never realised quite how
old it was - 1968!

So what's next? 2010? (Thinks:Spielberg Movie Maker-Jaws add on pack-Roy
Scheider minifig {with track&zoom camera attachment of course!}), 2061?
3001? A sequel of your own? More sci-fi?  We'll all just sit and watch this
one a few more times while you decide...

Actually, how about Jaws?  You could probably re-script it to a short film
without any dialogue.  Being such a classic, everyone knows the story
anyway.  Although there are Lego sharks, they're not very big.  But, you
could fabricate one (or several), and take layers of bricks away to lower it
below a blue plate surface...  A few boats, a police car, a beach, some
houses and a jetty are all the sets you'd need.  The only tricky bit would
be a crowd of minifigs running for the beach.

How about it? I'm too bone idle and untalented to try it myself.

Did you submit that one to any film festivals, by the way?

Jason.