 Animation / 97
96  |  98
Subject:
File sizes drastically reduced (was "2001: A Lego Odyssey" - A New Lego Movie!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:22:18 GMT

For your information:

Thanks to a tip from Marc Leidy
(http://home.earthlink.net/~lightdog/animation/anim.html), I was able to reduce
the file sizes of the movie by a factor of about three or four. The smallest
version is now only 6.2 MB and is at 320 x 240 resolution. So you might be able
to see what's going on now without a many hour long download.

For the technically inclined, the trick was to use Sorenson compression at
"medium" quality, which is still at least as good as what I had before.

Enjoy!
-- Marc

http://eksl.cs.umass.edu/~atkin/movies/