 Animation / 74
Re: best encoding software?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:48:10 GMT

VirftualDub (www.virtualdub.com) is a nice peice of software.

BBmpeg is a good mpeging software.  DVD's are mpeg2 at 720by 480.  Try
making your animation like that.  Remember that your images are digital,
mpeg usually works better on live video then computer generated ones
"David Mitby" <dmitby@fas.SPAMharvard.edu> wrote in message
I have several hundred frames (POV rendered) in BMP format that I'd like • to
put into a movie; what is the best software for doing that?  Best format?
How are DVD's encoded?  They seem to have such high quality and a small
footprint.  I tried standard MPG encoding, but it seems to lose some
quality, even with high settings.

Thanks!
David