 Adventurers / 1973
Re: Atlantis (was: A Question)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:52:03 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Elroy Davis wrote:
   In lugnet.adventurers, Nelson Yrizarry wrote:

   Atlantis seems to be the most favorite (or at least, the most discussed) sub-theme for new sets. Just wondering if anyone would want to try putting together a “sectional” standard for an Atlantis project, similar to the Moonbase project (or the CCC standard), so that anyone can contribute. Maybe a smaller scale, like a 16 x 32 baseplate, could serve as one “room” or area, of the ruins/buildings of Atlantis.

I’ve been thinking about this a bit this morning. Would anyone be interested in taking the modular idea another step, and creating some sort of Adventurers game? Maybe something similar to the BrickQuest game? I’m thinking something along the lines of having modular hallways, rooms, traps, treasures, etc. that could be placed on a tabletop as the characters advance through the tomb/ruins/dungeon. TLC already gave us dice and cards with the Orient sets. Maybe these could be used (and expanded on) for character stats?

I might play with this idea a bit more tonight when I get home. I’m curious if there is any interest in the idea before I go too far with it though.

-Elroy
Yes this is something I have been thinking about for a while. More in the line of expanding the Orient Expedition game though. Everyone could make one or more modules (16x16 or 16x32) that fits the game sections. Each module could have a trap, tool, treasure or something else. There should be at least two different path to the final treasure. Players could opt to work together?

Christian