 Adventurers / 1963
1962  |  1964
Subject:
Future of the Adventurer's Theme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 17:58:53 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Nelson Yrizarry wrote:

   In lugnet.adventurers, Christian Lindblad Rasmussen wrote:

   All good ideas, and others can be found here. Generally I think that potential new themes will be different from previous themes. So Japan, Europe-castle and Antarctic is unlikely.

Christian

Thanks for the link! You’d think I would have seen your page earlier, but it’s great to know that others have the same (and more) ideas and hope for this theme.

How’s about Johnny Thunder and Treasure of the Volcano? (a take on Journey to the Center of the Earth)

They could use some steam-powered, Rock Raider-type of vehicles. An old legend (or artifact) could show them the way to an underground city (Atlantis?).

Nelson

LEGO has already put out too many sets in the $100.00 range. For kids with poor parents and us retired folks, we can only afford one of these sets every couple of months. It takes most of my spare funds just to afford to go to Brickfest. Instead of large sets (and big bucks), I suggest a series of smaller sets that could combine to make a large set.

For instance: Atlantis. For a Temple, go for the front facade and let kids and AFOL’s fill in the sides and backs. For other buildings such as houses, one could purchase as many as possible to build a city or town. Main characters, should be in a large set. Main characters in different torso colors could add to the population as other figs or as main characters in different situations. Example: Princess in crown and robes, in diving suit, in riding suit.

Smaller sets could include soldiers, workers, merchants, villan henchmen. This goes back to the original Classic Castle system when the shelves were filled with sets to build a town or Castleland. Now, in going to my local Walmart, LEGO is mixed in with Knex, MegaBlok, TinkerToy and other building sets.

All these ideas of mine are ‘FREE’ to LEGO for use. All I ask in return is for LEGO to continue to grow. WOW, I would really like to sit down and talk to a Lego Rep...

-- Don