 Adventurers / 1966
Re: A Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 18:26:53 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Ken Bailey wrote:
   Ok Guys, its been too quiet around here, so I thought I’d try and generate some debate.

So far I have not seen any leaks for what might be coming out next year, so, the question is . . . . . . Do you think LEGO might release some more sets in the current sub-themes ?

Personally, I think the Asian theme could be padded out a little. Now, I can’t think of anything extra that could be released in the Himalaya/Everest sub-theme, but what I would like to see to round out this theme a little is a Chinese temple to match the Indian temple and some kind of Indian fortress to match the Chinese dragon fortress. One other model that cries out to be released would be a Pagoda.

How about it guys, can you think of any other sets that could be released to improve this theme ?

How about Johnny Thunder vs. the Martians?

The first year would revolve around the Adventurers’ struggle against the Martian invaders - imagine the whole line with an H.G. Wells/steampunk interpretation:
  • Steam-powered truck
  • Professor Lightning’s Ornithopter
  • Martian “storyteller” set
  • Martian tripod
  • “Mechano-Man” - steam-powered mecha
  • Adventurers’ HQ - a big Victorian house with all kinds of gadgets inside
In the second year of the theme, Johnny Thunder takes the fight to the Martian homeland:
  • Space capsule
  • Launching site - a giant gun for firing the capsule to Mars
  • Adventurers’ “storyteller” - showing off their new spacesuits
  • more Martian vehicles
  • Martian temple - ziggurat with Martian decor
Marc Nelson Jr.