 Administrative / General / 7379
Re: Pruning not good for the trees
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 22:33:52 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller writes:
I understand that you're acting in good faith and make no accusations
against you. However, since this information was apparently available to the
public before being posted to LUGnet,

I don't think that's a correct assumption.  According to BradJ and LSI Legal,
this was information (especially the pricing, which could change between now
and the release) which was not intended for the public and should never have
been made available to the public.  LEGO considers it privileged information
between themselves and their trade partners (i.e., Target in this case).  I
would wager that Target has some serious explaining to do, of course I can't
speak for them or for LEGO and we will have to wait and see what they turn up
in their investigation.

--Todd

I have a hard time seeing how it's not
editorial. It's something Lego didn't want people to talk about -- just like
they might not like people to talk negatively about the Millennium Falcon.