 Administrative / General / 7361
Re: Pruning not good for the trees
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 14:56:08 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote:
To the other point that the Target info was public domain, being made by some.
I disagree. Target is lax, Lax, LAX in their procedures, but I can't imagine
that they actually WANT this info leaked, er that is, systematically disclosed

I don't think that matters. Once information is public, any trade secret
protection ends. And if Lego wanted trade secret protection in the first
place, they should have made sure that Target made its employees know that
they have a duty to not disclose the information. In order for something to
be a trade secret at all, the company needs to affirmatively act to keep the
information secret. Telling people not to talk about it after it's already
out in the public is too late.

(As always, I'm not a lawyer. I just care about this stuff.)

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/