 Administrative / General / 7349
Re: Pruning not good for the trees
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 04:40:46 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller writes:
Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote:
Needs to be done in such a way that nothing remains of the post itself at
all except the anchors so it's clear that no editorial control was being
done, it was just a nuke.

I'm pretty sure removing things like this is editorial control, wholesale or
not.

This is so far from editorial control that light from editorial control takes
ten million years just to reach here.

The reaons were purely _legal_ and by specific request from TLC.

Editorial control would be if TLC requested removal of, say, an unfavorable
review of, say, 7190 Millennium Falcon.  (And of course they'd be laughed at
if they asked that.  Not that they'd ask that anyway.)

Soon, I hope, Brad or someone from LSI Legal will post an explanation (and
more importantly, justification) for their request.

BTW, I removed the articles in good faith, as requested, with the
understanding that they somehow violated TLC's privacy rights.  IANAL, so
I have to take it in good faith.  If it does come to light that there were
no legal grounds for the articles' removal, rest assured that the articles
can be easily restored if needed.  Even when something like this is deleted,
it can't literally be _deleted_ deleted -- just moved deleted -- for obvious
legal reasons.

--Todd