 Administrative / General / 6800
Re: Question for Todd Regarding Mark Harrison
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 13:29:25 GMT

This comes back to an issue I raised a while ago.
http://www.lugnet.com/admin/terms/?n=86 (and follow the thread through)

Write me when you've (collectively) decided that you (as a group) feel
assured that Mark can and will play fair (by the rules) and I'll turn his
posting privileges back on, based on your good word as a group.

However, to get back on-topic (or where I want to take this topic), my
initial comments a month ago were that the most frequent users of loc.au
largely, but not necessarily only, Australians) don't mind these sorts of
posts in the loc.au group. I personally welcome them as I tend not to
frequent the market groups due to lack of relevance, since they are mainly
dominated by US-related market issues, and you could argue that a post about
sales/auctions in Australia are relevant to the loc.au group.

As a regular contributor to the loc.au group I would rather we petition Todd
to alter the T&C's to allow market posts in the loc.au group rather than
collectively vouch for MarkH not violating these same T&C's again.

I would also like to see offers to buy, sell, trade or auction Lego within
Australia okayed for .loc.au -- Pete C makes the point well. Where else Mark
is allowed to post is up to .admin and Todd: any posts within .loc.au are fine
by me (as a regular poster in this group). If anyone tries to turn .loc.au
into the blackmarket of Lugnet, I trust we will be able to revert to our
current status.

I don't want to see a loc.au.market group created as we already have too many
groups under loc.au for the number of regular contributors (although we are
growing :-). If Todd feels it is necessary to create this group, then I would
suggest closing a few of the other sub-groups and maintaining only the
state/territory groups.

Absolutely. (Although if any residents of Toovoomba feel marginalised by this,
please let us know.)

yours in bricks,
Dave L