 Local / Australia / 1000
Re: .org.au.*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 04:43:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Callaway writes:

Possibly we should also keep the following groups as there is activity in
them, and/or they further breaks down the states and territories (since some
of them are lare areas);
lugnet.loc.au.act.can lugnet.loc.au.sw.syd lugnet.loc.au.nt.dar
lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
lugnet.loc.au.wa.per

I think Loc.au.tas.hob should be added to this list, just to maintain the
capital cities theme.

We should close off the following groups and divert the current messages to
the next available group in the tree;
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.new lugnet.loc.au.nt.als lugnet.loc.au.qld.bun
lugnet.loc.au.qld.cai lugnet.loc.au.qld.goc lugnet.loc.au.qld.mac
lugnet.loc.au.qld.mis lugnet.loc.au.qld.roc lugnet.loc.au.qld.too
lugnet.loc.au.qld.tow lugnet.loc.au.tas.hob lugnet.loc.au.wa.alb
lugnet.loc.au.wa.bun lugnet.loc.au.wa.ger lugnet.loc.au.wa.hed
lugnet.loc.au.wa.kal

If anyone feels left out by this then additional groups could be
created/reinstated, however maintenance of subgroups from the state/territory
groups should be on a volume of traffic basis. If a group just sits there not
being used at all (as many of the above groups have) then it is obviously not
required.

Yes this is pertinent to all of Lugnet.

We should create the following new groups and allow posting of all auction and
market information in them, along with organisationally relevant information;
lugnet.org.au - which covers LegOz (all of Australia, eventually we hope)
lugnet.org.au.studs - which covers the NSW group Studs

*nod* and further additions to lugnet.org.au.* as more groups are formed.

I don't think we need lugnet.org.au.nsw.studs as that is getting too
compartmentalised (which can be a bad thing from time to time).

The NSW in this would be redundant, therefore not necessary.

Although it has been dealt with in no uncertain terms (and I'll probably get a
smack on the bottom for mentioning it again) I still think the most obvious
place for market/sales/auction information pertinent to Australia is in
loc.au. Call me stuborn, fundamentally inflexible, whatever, but that's just
the way I see it. But since Peter Callaway <> Lugnet sysadmin I guess that's
that. Just don't be surprised if I inadvertently get myself pulled over by the
Lugnet police to be issued a T&C infringement notice if in my enthusiasm to
post something I forget where it is meant to go.

Anyway, </rant> and all that, let's canvas the loc.au population and see if we
can agree to/refine my suggestions above and put this whole messy thing behind
us.

I think this is the crux of the argument, we can't canvas loc.au as the rules
as loc.au is bound by Lugnet rules. In other words if you want to be part of
loc.au then you abide by lugnet rules.

However Todd has given a certain amount of freedom by forming the loc.au.org
subgroup, where the users can determine the content to a certain degree.

Now what i see as happening is that, all traffic from loc.au will move to
loc.au.org, (well the users using it at the moment anyhow, we just have to
form up as a group and make everyone an "official" member of LegOz).

The only people that may use loc.au, are those who aren't in LegOz (ie.
newbie) or those who aren't in Australia.

My opinion?: so be it. We all start posting to loc.org.au instead of loc.au,
maybe we can be the most active national club in the world (the first National
all encompassing club too right?)

Santosh.
(Yes too long a week, luckily its almost over)