 Local / Australia / 1016
Re: .org.au.*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 13:43:18 GMT

"Peter Callaway" <pcallaway@bmcl.com.au> wrote

At the very least we need to keep the following groups;
lugnet.loc.au.act lugnet.loc.au.nsw lugnet.loc.au.nt lugnet.loc.au.qld
lugnet.loc.au.sa lugnet.loc.au.tas lugnet.loc.au.vic lugnet.loc.au.wa

<<Nods>>  One for each state and territory in the commonwealth ...  I'm with
you. Good plan.

Possibly we should also keep the following groups as there is activity in
them, and/or they further breaks down the states and territories (since • some
of them are large areas);
lugnet.loc.au.act.can lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd lugnet.loc.au.nt.dar
lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
lugnet.loc.au.wa.per

<<raises an eyebrow>>  I'm cool with this, but I'm not sure it contributes.
Its hard to imagine what goes in .nsw.syd that doesn't work in .nsw, and
even harder to imagine something that would go in .nsw that would not be
quite at home in .nsw.syd

We should close off the following groups and divert the current messages • to
the next available group in the tree;
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.new lugnet.loc.au.nt.als lugnet.loc.au.qld.bun
lugnet.loc.au.qld.cai lugnet.loc.au.qld.goc lugnet.loc.au.qld.mac
lugnet.loc.au.qld.mis lugnet.loc.au.qld.roc lugnet.loc.au.qld.too
lugnet.loc.au.qld.tow lugnet.loc.au.tas.hob lugnet.loc.au.wa.alb
lugnet.loc.au.wa.bun lugnet.loc.au.wa.ger lugnet.loc.au.wa.hed
lugnet.loc.au.wa.kal

<<Nods furiously>>

We should create the following new groups and allow posting of all auction • and
market information in them, along with organisationally relevant • information;
lugnet.org.au - which covers LegOz (all of Australia, eventually we hope)
lugnet.org.au.studs - which covers the NSW group Studs

<<Nods some more>>

Although it has been dealt with in no uncertain terms (and I'll probably • get a
smack on the bottom for mentioning it again) I still think the most • obvious
place for market/sales/auction information pertinent to Australia is in
loc.au. Call me stuborn, fundamentally inflexible, whatever, but that's • just
the way I see it. But since Peter Callaway <> Lugnet sysadmin I guess • that's
that. Just don't be surprised if I inadvertently get myself pulled over by • the
Lugnet police to be issued a T&C infringement notice if in my enthusiasm • to
post something I forget where it is meant to go.

<<Stops nodding because neck is getting sore>>  I'm pretty much with Todd on
this part.  I can understand the logic in keeping the market stuff out of
the way, much as it doesn't really inspire me either way.  We post about
what we seek in general posts - regulars are going to be aware of what folks
are after, and I think the trading will more or less happen anyway, but
perhaps more by email. In the meantime, the prohibition keeps the general,
shotgun blast market stuff out of one's way.

Or not obviously.

Richard
Still baldly going...

Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/