 Local / Australia / 988
Re: Question for Todd Regarding Mark Harrison
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 00:08:51 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Peter White writes:

As a regular contributor to the loc.au group I would rather we petition Todd
to alter the T&C's to allow market posts in the loc.au group rather than
collectively vouch for MarkH not violating these same T&C's again.

[...]
Here's the wedding ceremony clause: anyone from loc.au who is averse to
market-related posts should speak now or forever...

I don't think you can do that, as it is unfair to future generations of Aussie
users who aren't here yet(1). But - can't you create org.au.* and move all your
discussion there? I *think* organisations have more authority over the type of
content that is allowed within their groups, but my memory may be squiffy.

It might feel like giving in, but if it would give you guys a place where you
could talk and do Aussie auctions, why not?

Richard

1 - Unless, of course, there was a grovesome regulatory system for modding T&C
for specific groups.