 Local / Australia / 1012
Re: Question for Todd Regarding Mark Harrison
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 01:10:50 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...

Richard is correct!  The no-auction rule (that is to say, no auction spam
outside of .market.auction) is a LUGNET-wide rule -- it's part of the very
basic core Agreement, in fact.  Getting together and agreeing somehow • agreeing
spontaneously that it would be "OK" in your local group doesn't change the
fact that it would still be against the basic rules here.

That's fair enough, but taking how other NG's evolve and divide into
consideration, I think that it's reasonable that compartmentalisation of the
buy-sell-trade NG could be desirable for the _very_same_reasons_ as the
non-market groups. I think it's fair to say that a few of us in loc.au think
that it is indeed desirable. Given that shipping from Oz is relatively
expensive, I think that non-Aussies could see a benefit too, yes?

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/