 Local / Australia / 991
990  |  992
Subject:
.org.au.*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 01:19:39 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Todd Lehman writes:
[...]
On the other hand, if you guys/gals do now have an official "club" or user
group for Australias, then let's go ahead and set up a lugnet.org.au (or
lugnet.org.au.legoz or whatever you decide) and then you can set rules and
guidelines for _that_ newsgroup because it would be a community-created/grown
newsgroup set up to serve a specific target of people (i.e., your club).

Inside of your specific club newsgroup (also automatically a mailing list),
you can specially tailor whatever rules you want, so long as they don't
(obviously) do anything illegal or get LUGNET in trouble.

Well, according to EricK's latest map of the Australia/Oceana area,

   http://www.lugnet.com/map/ao/lug/

There are actually two groups now for Australias -- LegOz and Studs.

If you wanted newsgroups/mailing-lists for these in the lugnet.org.* hierarchy
of groups, here's how they'd look to fit in:

   lugnet.org.au.legoz  <===>  lugnet.org.au.legoz@lugnet.com
   lugnet.org.au.studs  <===>  lugnet.org.au.studs@lugnet.com

Is this something you would like?  If so, please have an official from either
or both of LegOz and Studs contact me and I'll set up the groups/lists.

Additionally (or perhaps instead of) would you prefer a single group

   lugnet.org.au  <===>  lugnet.org.au@lugnet.com

to cover both LegOz and Studs?

Lemme know if you want 0, 1, 2, or all 3 groups...

And also lemme know if you'll allow auction announcements/updates in the
LegOz/Studs-specific groups.

--Todd