 Local / Australia / 977
Re: Question for Todd Regarding Mark Harrison
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 04:40:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Callaway writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Todd Lehman writes:

This comes back to an issue I raised a while ago.
http://www.lugnet.com/admin/terms/?n=86 (and follow the thread through)

Write me when you've (collectively) decided that you (as a group) feel
assured that Mark can and will play fair (by the rules) and I'll turn his
posting privileges back on, based on your good word as a group.

It's difficult to vouch for someone who lives 1000km away (lots of miles!)
Surely a stiffer penalty would have been to ban him from everywhere except
loc.au or even just Brisbane.

However, to get back on-topic (or where I want to take this topic), my initial
comments a month ago were that the most frequent users of loc.au (largely, but
not necessarily only, Australians) don't mind these sorts of posts in the
loc.au group. I personally welcome them as I tend not to frequent the market
groups due to lack of relevance, since they are mainly dominated by US-related
market issues, and you could argue that a post about sales/auctions in
Australia are relevant to the loc.au group.

As a regular contributor to the loc.au group I would rather we petition Todd
to alter the T&C's to allow market posts in the loc.au group rather than
collectively vouch for MarkH not violating these same T&C's again.

This is the key issue here. Not what Mark will/will not do, let's just move
the goalposts.
Here's the wedding ceremony clause: anyone from loc.au who is averse to
market-related posts should speak now or forever...

If things got out of hand we could always revert back, but I doubt this would
happen given the distinct lack of market activity in Australia (but that's
another issue ;-)

I don't want to see a loc.au.market group created as we already have too many
groups under loc.au for the number of regular contributors (although we are
growing :-). If Todd feels it is necessary to create this group, then I would
suggest closing a few of the other sub-groups and maintaining only the
state/territory groups.

One ng per state is definitely enough, otherwise most will be talking to
themselves.

Comments, anyone???

Mark's not the messiah(he's just...),he does have the no.2 collection in Oz.
I cant see the sandgroper optometrist siblings posting in the future.

pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au>