 Local / Australia / 970
Re: Question for Todd Regarding Mark Harrison
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 03:04:32 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Todd Lehman writes:
Is there anyone who would "vouch" for Mark and be willing to take a fall with
him if he had his posting privileges restored but subsequently botched things
again later?  I suspect he would be much less eager to push the boundaries
and see what he could get away with if he knew someone else would be taken
down with him.  (Just a thought.)  Again, I have no problem with Mark's
posting anywhere if he simply is willing to play fair.  In the collective
group of .loc.au, for example, can somehow convince Mark to clean up his act,
by all means do try to convince him it would be worth his while.

I'm pretty surprised you even wrote this, to be honest.

Mark's proven to you and others he doesn't feel he has to follow the rules,
even if he's warned that not following them will get him kicked out of here.
That someone else would be silly enough to put his posting privileges on the
line for Mark seems farfetched, but I'd hope you wouldn't even entertain the
idea, much less enforce it.

Mark's responsible for himself - nobody else is.  Don't want to slam you or
anything for writing that, but I do want to point out that the only person who
should "suffer" for Mark's wrongdoings is Mark.

Write me when you've (collectively) decided that you (as a group) feel assured
that Mark can and will play fair (by the rules) and I'll turn his posting
privileges back on, based on your good word as a group.

And what happens when/if he reverts?