 Administrative / General / 6633
  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine

(...) I'm sorry to say it's just the logo and the name LUGNET under it. Tom -- Thomas's & Kristin's Home Page (URL) Member (URL) (24 years ago, 13-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine

(...) Hi again Thomas, I have another question if you don't mind. I don't have an actual copy of this in front of me yet and the close-up scan is still a bit blurry on the details, but perhaps you could see on your original: Is the TM symbol clearly (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine

(...) but (...) I have an original copy of the mag, and I guess I'm butting in.... It's a cartoon of a computer screen. I think they scanned the logo, the resolution is better than the rest of the screen which just has lines of text hinted at by the (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine

(...) And there's no TM or disclaimer anywhere else on the page or any other page? :-( --Todd (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine

(...) I just spent 5 minutes poring over the magazine (I may have missed something, admittedly) and the only disclaimers I spotted were on page 16 (the ad for the new story books) which said: "LEGO is a registered trademark belonging to the LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine

(...) Thanks for the scour & add'l info. --Tood (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine

(...) Soon as I pressed fire, I found another one... page 14 has the Lucasfilm standard disclaimer/assertion. ((C) Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All Star Wars elements are... <you know the rest>) The main point is I don't think there is any statement about (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine

(...) No problem about butting in Lar, I had to go out for a bit and I know Todd's curiosity is up. I couldn't find any TM either in the whole mag. I agree it's a neat plug but they sure could of went about it a better way. Could it be someone there (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine

(...) I don't see how this could "help" at all. To someone who has no idea of what LUGNET is (I forget - does the page even show the word LUGNET or just the logo?) this is just a neat picture. No URL, no TM, no nothing. So for people who have never (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine

(...) I don't want to misinterpret anyone, so I'll say that IMHO TLC gave us a backhanded compliment. I believe that they are starting to recognize us as a force, but don't wish to directly acknowledge us as of yet, trademark infringements aside. I (...) (24 years ago, 14-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine

(...) elements (...) Pardon me, but do you think the sloppiness has to do with the mag being targeted at children? Perhaps the LEGO execs in "The Department Dealing With This Sort Of Thing" did not really have anymore than a browsing/passing working (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine

(...) A letter indicating a variety of concerns is en route to Enfield via certified express mail. --Todd (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine

I believe this is indeed the answer that many people are overlooking. The logo was probably copied by a fan of both LEGO and LUGNET and just wanted to do something fun for the group. While I agree that not giving any indication of where the logo (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine

(...) Absolutely Nick, Any decree from up high would be sure to dot the 'i's and cross the 't's. Graphic designers being creative individuals stuck in a corporate world, like being cheeky and and may throw in a few 'in-jokes' graphically. We have (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine

(...) I agree completely. I fully believe that the Lego Company had no intentions of deliberately misrepresenting LUGNET. I hate to speculate on what might have happened, but it seems as though the image on the computer screen may have been "FPO" (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine + World Club Mag

(...) That was my first concern really - big corperations don't (in general) have much of a sense of humour about such things. It'd be a shame if an in-joke cost someone their job, but considering how much time and effort Todd + Suzanne put into (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine + World Club Mag

(...) Whoa, that's interesting to say the least. So is it basically the same page? (Like, if you held the two side-by-side, would they look basically the same except for U.S. letter vs. DIN A4 paper size differences?) Is there a scan up anywhere of (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine + World Club Mag

(...) Suprisingly (to me) identical even down to the page number! (style, font, everything). That ish carries the same page-numbering style all the way through. (...) Nope - just checked through it a second time and saw no other mention of LUGNET in (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine + World Club Mag

(...) No, not at the resolution shown there, which is high enough that the only place it could have come from was the homepage, which has always displayed two TM's. And the homepage is also the only place where the mark has been used like that in (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine + World Club Mag

(...) Yes - until this weekend, the logo on every subsequent page of lugnet, the one pointing to "home", was without a TM. Now it does have one. -Shiri (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine + World Club Mag

(...) And now it's a bit better than the first pass but still not good on a monochrome monitor. Just put the TM in black and be done with it, give up on the shades of blue, I say. Ditto for the TMs on the splash page, too gray. Get in people's faces (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine

(...) Heh.. but you shouldn't hafta be good at spotting stuff like that. (BTW, you might wanna take a lawyer with you the next time you buy a car or make your "Greatest Hits" CD ;-) But it is their job to be good at displaying stuff like that. Maybe (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general)