 Administrative / General / 2940
Re: lugnet.com upgrade/downtime/heads-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 15:37:07 GMT

(The above was quite a while back.)  The OS upgrade is scheduled for
sometime mid-tomorrow morning, hopefully around 9-10 a.m. EST.
[...]
I've been working proactively as a background task to head off any problems
like this ahead of time so that they don't happen at all as a result of the
transition.  Over the next few hours I'll be converting all of the online
databases from an old format to a newer format which is compatible with both
the old and the new OS.  So if I don't miss anything, the transition should
be completely transparent (except for a bit of downtime).

More details if/as they arise...

OK, we're back up as planned.

--Todd