 Administrative / General / 1919
Re: lugnet.com upgrade/downtime/heads-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 17:18:09 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:
The only slowness I've noticed is while reading and posting news.
Normally I zip from article to article, with even hundred line
articles loading almost instantly.

So life's pretty rough, huh?  ;-)

Well, when they're working correctly, the DS-3 we have, along with our
6 T1's, make bandwidth ok.  When the students are gone for the summer.
When they're here sucking it all down, it still stinks. :)

I've attributed that to the remarkably crappy nature of the routing
through Qwest (our DS-3 provider) to pair, since I've seen the same
slowness from time to time when accessing the server on which
guarded-inn lives.

Yeah, that sounds a lot more like the culprit.

Believe me, I'm more than happy to accept Qwest as the cause of our
problems. :/

--
The pieces you want and nothing else - easy online bidding!
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)