 Administrative / General / 1918
Re: lugnet.com upgrade/downtime/heads-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 26 Jun 1999 03:45:27 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mike Stanley writes:
The only slowness I've noticed is while reading and posting news.
Normally I zip from article to article, with even hundred line
articles loading almost instantly.

So life's pretty rough, huh?  ;-)

Sometimes, though, there are waits
of up to 30-45 seconds, rarely longer.

That sort of delay can't be the server unless it's gone belly up or is
suffering from some massive head wound, which hasn't ever happened AFAIK.

I've attributed that to the remarkably crappy nature of the routing
through Qwest (our DS-3 provider) to pair, since I've seen the same
slowness from time to time when accessing the server on which
guarded-inn lives.

Yeah, that sounds a lot more like the culprit.

Anyway, back to your original question -- no, the OS upgrade is purely a
server-based thing, and not anything to do with connectivity or latency or
anything outside the server.

--Todd