 Administrative / General / 2161
Re: lugnet.com upgrade/downtime/heads-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 01:21:36 GMT

Kevin Loch <kloch@NOSPMkl.net> wrote:
While I'm not going to name any names, Your ISP's (alleged lack of)
private peering is likely the culprit here.  Todd's ISP is well
peered, and I have never seen any performance problems from
the 3 backbones I use regularly.

By my ISP do you mean Qwest, the provider of our big pipe?  If so,
name names all you want - I know they suck, and the scary thing is
they're buying up companies right and left.

If you mean my actual ISP, which is my employer (I work for UTK and we
provide ISP service to the campus community) I'm not convinced we're
perfect either.

I just know watching a traceroute take 21 hops to get to a Quake
server in FL, with the majority of them going through Qwest stinks.

--
The parts you want without a bunch of crap?
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)