 Administrative / General / 2008
Re: New blood
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 02:11:45 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tony Kilaras writes:
Question: How do we get new blood here? Of course, this is not to say
that it is needed, but rec.toys.lego is turning into [snipped] so how
do new Lego enthusiasits find out about lugnet? I very rarely see posts
on rec.toys.lego saying "Go to lugnet"

Larry and a few other folks put together a little invitational piece a few
months ago, and posted it a couple of times, but I don't think there's
anyone posting regularly (like once a month or something).  But that's one
possible way.

Another way is by giving links from personal web pages or displaying an
image from here:

   http://www.lugnet.com/admin/logo/buttons/

Still, there must be other creative ways to invite people over, or simply
to help make them more aware.

and since Todd frowns on having links to his pictures, how do we get
the word out?

Well, direct embedded JPEG image links are definitely frowned upon, but
linking to the set-pages is actually encouraged, since that's one of the
reasons the pages are there in the first place.

--Todd