 Administrative / General / 2078
Re: Proposed message (was: Re: New blood)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 19:08:12 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) writes:
[...] I'm sure Todd could point you to the group of messages with
that weird URL thing he does.

Heh heh heh, OK, I have to ask -- is your comment meant to be facetious, or
does that weird URL thing really seem like magic?  Doing that weird URL
thing is really pretty easy, and I hope that more people will learn to use
it, because it's a great tool.

All I do is:  Go to a search box, type in some words that I remember from
the old thread, in this case I think it was "blurb" and "rtl".  Then I just
click on one of the messages that looks like the one I want, and click
around in the thread a bit if I have to, and then just cut & paste the URL
of the message from the browser's Location box into the new message I'm
writing.  If I can find what I'm looking for quickly, it's usually about a
30-second jobber.  The other funny characters at the end of the URL are just
modifiers to say things like "view compact" or "threaded indented," etc.

--Todd