 Administrative / General / 2017
Re: New blood
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 07:21:37 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tony Kilaras writes:
Question: How do we get new blood here? Of course, this is not to say
that it is needed, but rec.toys.lego is turning into [snipped] so how
do new Lego enthusiasits find out about lugnet? I very rarely see posts
on rec.toys.lego saying "Go to lugnet"

Larry and a few other folks put together a little invitational piece a few
months ago, and posted it a couple of times, but I don't think there's
anyone posting regularly (like once a month or something).  But that's one
possible way.

The (my) problem with such a post is that you probably also get people on
Lugnet that are only interested in selling or buying sets. Not a real problem
as long as they post in the correct newsgroups, but I suspect that some of
those people will post their message also in lugnet.general and other
newsgroups which are not appropriate and which might irratitate the 'regular'
people on Lugnet.
So, in my opinion it would be best to say to the regular people on RTL that
lugnet exists and that they should check it out, but this is a lot more work.
I`m trying to already note the few contacts I have and that I think don't know
the existence of Lugnet of its existence.
When there is interest in it I wouldn't mind posting weekly/monthly about
Lugnet on RTL, maybe together with the RTL FAQ or something, just let me know.

Greetings,

Sybrand Bonsma