 Administrative / General / 2051
Re: New blood
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 20:32:23 GMT

Still, there must be other creative ways to invite people over, or simply
to help make them more aware.

   I am a new person here myself within the last month or so.  I found LUGNET
through the YAHOO search engine when I went looking for LEGO sites.  You
should make sure that LUGNET is easily found in all the major search engines.
(I would be surprised if it isn't already.) This is how people find info on
topics they do not already have URL's for.  My son and I have been playing
with LEGO for years and only just started looking for LEGO sites online.

   Other than that, you have to somehow target people with net access who,
like myself, never thought to search for LEGO sites.  I'm sure there is a huge
net population who own LEGO but never look for LEGO sites.  I'm not sure as to
the best way to do it.  (As much as I hate them, ad banners on other general
purpose sites may be one, but not the only, approach to take.)

Brian