 Administrative / General / 1930
Re: succession strategy if catastrophe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 21:56:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Stanley writes:
Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Say, would you be willing to take tarballs of a few things and burn them
on CD-ROM and hold onto them in case of something really bad?

I'm sure he is, but I also have a relatively massive pipe to the net,
so I could do it also.  I routinely transfer 4-8 gb per week anyway,
so snagging a few hundred megs or more wouldn't even be a drop in the
bucket.

All right, good enough then.  Let's start with the most important stuff --
all the news messages and the sets DB.  I'll make tarballs of these and
e-mail you (and Larry, assuming he's interested) with details about where
to grab them from.  Or if you have an ftp dropbox somewhere, I could just
drop them there.

--Todd

[followups set to lugnet.admin.general]