 General / 4963
Re: Is it Just Me or is the RTL on its way out!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:22:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, Doyle Nelson writes:

Just
thought I would run this by you guys to see if you felt the same way or not?

I certainly do.  I find Lugnet to be a much more civilised, reasonable
environment.  I do read RTL, but I don't think I've *ever* posted there.  Well,
not with any of my current accounts, anyway.  When I was still an undergrad, I
*think* the action was still on ATL.

Another thing I noticed is that the Lego hobby group have because very
mercenary in the way it conducts bussiness.

I would agree that, like any collecting hobby, there are some people who simply
want to make a buck.  However, unlike some of the other collecting hobbies I've
been in, I've met plenty of people (right here on Lugnet) who just want to help
out a fellow Lego Maniac.  I'm not sure why that is... I mean, that in this
*one* hobby I've found people who are so friendly, but my prevailing theory is
that it has something to do with the kind of person who wants to play with
perpetually happy 2 inch tall people.

eric