 General / 4961
Re: Is it Just Me or is the RTL on its way out!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:34:36 GMT

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999 09:10:07 GMT, "Doyle Nelson" <dnelson@ixpres.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm posting here, because I noticed a lot of old time rtl'ers are postinf here
more now than the RTL. O cant believe the stupid topics and lack of responce
there! See I was gone on vacation and havent really visited the RTL in months
maybe once in a blue moon. And now what I see is something. Hardly anybody
there I know, and the topics sound as if they are little kids talking. Just
thought I would run this by you guys to see if you felt the same way or not?

Another thing I noticed is that the Lego hobby group have because very
mercenary in the way it conducts bussiness. With exception of a few of course.
But a lot of familar faces seem to want to go after that bigger dollar amount
even if a very good offer is provided. Big thing I see now is greed for sets,
parts must always be hoarded for sets in Ebay auctions to get more money than
selling a few pieces even if offering triple their value.

Has anyone else noticed this? maybe its because I have been away a while, but
it seems that the group has changed a lot?

Thanks For listening!

RTL?  What's that?
Oh, wait, I remember now.  I haven't been over there in so long, I had nearly
forgotten it.  And your right, RTL has degenerated into exactly what I like to
avoid.  Which is sad - I really enjoyed it at one time.
I know that there are many here who still frequent RTL, and they try to keep it
civilized, but it seems to be a futile effort.  When Lugnet started, there was
much discussion on what kind of impact it would have on RTL.  Evidently, the
migration of the most of the old-timers from there to here has left RTL in the
hands of the clueless newbies.  And without that calming influence to
straighten out the idiots, they run wild.

I would best portray RTL now as "The Lord of the Flies".
Pretty sad, really.

-- Terry K --