 Administrative / General / 13949
Re: Long delay between email post and authentication request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 20:52:50 GMT

@all,

I have dug into the issue a bit more, and having spent the last 2 hours or so
working through the mail queues, I have found that the mail gateway for LUGNET
news is currently being drowned in spam to invalid addresses.

The active queue is now down to some 20 messages as opposed to over 8000 when I
started the cleanup. This was quite probably just a surge, but since surges tend
to reappear, I will be tightening the screws against spam - significantly.

Nevertheless, have fun,

Jerry