 Administrative / General / 13416
Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 21:11:32 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Jake McKee wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   it is my view that they are not part of the solution to LUGNET’s ills, no matter what they may protest, or how much their supporters may snipe at me

So who (in your view) *IS* part of the solution? You’ve already said you don’t think Todd & Suz are,

and if I’m not, why keep kicking me when I’m down? It only makes the little I can do harder..

But LUGNET has grown beyond “Todd and/or Suzanne”. It’s a living breathing organism now, and it’s suffered some hits of late. It’s not terminal, but it may be in a coma (for lack of a better way to say it). In order to pull it out of that coma, it’s going to take some attendence, some attention, and some changes. Nobody here thinks less of you and/or Todd for not being able to make those changes happen. It’s completely and totally understandable, considering the amount of time and emotional investment you’ve put into the project.

I agree with this 100%. Suz, despite what I may have said elsewhere, I have immeanse respect for you and especially what you have done with Lugnet. But the time has come to make a choice one way or the other.

I agree with Jake and Lenny. Conversely to Jake’s statement, I think that people do think less of you when you don’t allow change to happen by holding onto the reigns and not encouraging people who are willing to lead and empowering them by giving them authority to make the necessary changes.

That only causes frustration, and provides the environment that allows stuff like the e outbursts/malicious baiting cycles and the overall tone of sarcasm and disrespect here.

I hope you take this as the constructive criticism that it is. The transition process a year and a half ago was a disaster because our hands were tied, even though planning wise we were well on our way to seeing needed changes. I haven’t seen any other meaningful ideas presented and/or implemented to allow LUGNET to progress.

And I really, really resonate with the message behind Larry’s post here. Yes it’s bitingly sarcastic, but it’s true. The frustration expressed through sarcasm is actually because we care, though it’s not the most positive way to express it, I know. Please don’t repeat the events Larry chronicled, because they’re true, and it is wrong to handle the community that way and it’s a major cause to why things are the way they are right now.

Given this pattern has repeated over years, I’m very doubtful it will be broken. I hope it will, but I really doubt it. Please don’t take this note or Lar’s note as personal criticism rather input you can use to change and improve LUGNET and please prove this skeptic wrong.

-Tim (back to Deeplurk™ mode)