 Administrative / General / 13367
Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:40:34 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Aaron M. Sneary wrote:

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the Way

That's certainly one approach... Or...

Find some other suckers (Frank, Lenny, Kelly, Tim and Lar having been used up
already), form another transition team, tell them that this time you both REALLY
mean it, that you're really going to let them run things, that the site
ownership is going to be transferrred, that the new servers will be put on line,
etc... then give them some limited power, but ultimately no backing when the
trolls, bozos and well meaning rules lawyers chime in, and then pull the rug out
from under them too at just the right moment after forcing a lot of consensus
building activities on them, but announce you have a plan so everything's going
to be OK. That should string LUGNET along for another 4 months or so quite
nicely.

When that runs out of steam, turn up at BrickFest with some vague announcement
that you've found some Albanians (the Germans being used up already) to take
things over, but when asked, say no, they won't own the site, no, they won't be
making decisions, no, they won't be acting as administrators, all they'll
actually be doing is paying the bills. That should be good for at least another
8 months or so.

I mean really, why "fish or cut bait" when you can dither?

Meanwhile, at the micro level, this algorithm will execute here pretty
efficiently:

1) Flamewar
2) Retaliation (repeat as needed)
3) Oh no! Call the Admins! What admins? Ack!
4) Suz posts "I have a plan... soon, soon"
5) "I love LUGNET" Posts from various and sundry
6) Action promised
7) No followup
8) Repeat after a decent interval of relative peace/quiet.

Except for the steady decline in membership, post count, relevance, and so
forth, everything will be fine.