 Administrative / General / 13394
Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 02:35:27 GMT

It's really a shame to see that Lar's worst nightmare (which I hope what it
was...) is really coming true... about a year ago I couldn't have been more
happy reading Rene Hoffmeister of 1000steine taking over control of LUGNET.

However both 1000steine and LUGNET seem to have gone down the tube in one
way or another (sorry to say this, but at least in my point of view that's
how it is...) and it looks like it is right now. And worst of all, no end
in sight :( I still hope matters can be resolved but I find myself more and
more just posting on LOWLUG (which still has at least proper moderation and
a true AFOL feel to it) and disregarding LUGNET, 1000steine and most other
int. sites, apart from Keith Goldman, Tim Gould, Swami and all others still
posting MOC stuff on LUGNET, you guys are what it's all about!) although it
get's harder every day to filter out the noise.

Damn, AOL and all the other (IQ less than their shoesize) ppl should never
have been allowed to get on the internet! It's really sad to see this
community, of which I've been a small part for almost 6 years now, go down
as hard as it's doing right now.

Maybe it is simply time for a clean break, start anew, just keeping the
really valuable parts of LUGNET? Todd, Suz, how about such a thing?
--
Jan-Albert van Ree