 Administrative / General / 13372
Re: Lugnet: WAKE UP!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 00:27:53 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
[...]

Stupid question: In whatever way will that post help?

Aaron's post might prod Todd and Suz into actually doing something. My reply
might prod them into not doing the things that didn't work last time.  That
seems helpful to me. Your mileage may vary, of course, but those who do not
learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Very true.

However, whatever happens (or doesn't happen) with LUGNET in the future, I'll
always be supportive of Todd and Suz.  By the very fact that LUGNET is still
here and we're still visiting and talking about LEGO in the various NG's is
proof that LUGNET is still relevant.

What they created many years ago and maintained until their lives called them
away was and is exceptional in the world of the internet--one of the first true
community NG's.

I was going to wax poetically some more, but words are failing.  Bottom
line--thanks Todd and Suz!  I don't have a crystal ball to see what the future
has in store, but your work on LUGNET is appreciated.  There aren't too many
NG's out there that are as old as LUGNET and still as relevant to the initial
subject matter (no matter what the trolls and anti-trolls say :) )

I'll be sticking around until they turn out the lights :)

Dave K