 Administrative / General / 12675 (-20)
  Outside traffic [was: Another resignation]

(...) Growth can be defined many ways. One way is number of posts (which -has- dropped from what it was four years ago). But then, those posters may have become more concise in their messages. And perhaps individual groups, like robotics, have (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

(...) (Richie's crude analysis snipped) I wonder how much of the drop in traffic here is due to the theme-specific boards like FBTB, classic-castle, classic-space, and bzpower siphoning posters away from here? I suspect that the influence of these (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Email Postings being swallowed

(...) It would be an inbound message that gets lost. But, it gets interesting... ... (...) 'Derek Raycraft' are from these dates: Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:54:11 GMT Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:54:11 GMT Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:46:27 GMT Date: Mon, (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Email Postings being swallowed

(...) Well definitly a random problem. Maybe I'm just hitting a high point in the random incident generator. Every message I email I BCC myself on. I've never missed one of those. I don't believe my ISP is filtering outbound email. It does filter in (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Email Postings being swallowed

(...) The problem is, that when I look at your held posts, they all say that the notification email was sent to you. Is there any possibility that they're not delivered for some reason? ISP spam filtering, etc? FWIW, I post via email, and haven't (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Email Postings being swallowed

If my spelling is off, it's because I'm posting through the web interface. :-) The problem of email postings just disappearing into the ether has been around for quite a while. Basically I write a post, mail it in, and get no auth responce. So I (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

(...) This is often claimed, but I'm not sure if there's evidence to support it... it seems to me that there are less posts and posters than there were two years ago. Perhaps one of the Admins could provide some statistics to support the alleged (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

(snip) (...) Duane, Well said...I think you've captured things beautifully here... and I think everybody needs to read your comments, and think about what it means. Scott Lyttle (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin L. Clague wrote: [snip] Having cut my internet teeth on USENET, I generally try to stay out of such discussions, but the wonderful prose did spawn one thing I wanted to make publicly know... Certainly me, and likely (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

(...) I remember that, since I was time-out with Chris... (...) Thank you very much for your explanation. I wish Kevin would have explained it that clearly, although I salute his imagination and his style. Now, here's my opinion about all this. (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

(...) Sure - but I thought technical development stuff belongs in .admin.general? Eventually, we'll really need an admin.dev though. (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

(...) Sorry, I don't build for (URL). e (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

(...) We could have a Smack bot, a TOU bot, a Draconian bot and a banish to .duplo bot. my fav? the go post to someone's MOC and get out of off-topic debate bot. Comes with big stick and uses Technic Turntables. e (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

(...) Can't wait to see the little JLUG admin-a-bot ;) ROSCO (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

(...) The subject of Kevin's message is in regards to Chris Magno's timeout specifically (along with some other heated debates at the time), and the LPRV committee that was established not long ago who were asked to assist Lugnet in smoothing out (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

D@$#n it! Where is my big stick, WHO is ticking off Kevin! You got to deal with me! Sad Sad Sad, Kevin is the progenetor of many useful technologies, somebody had better show him some respect! I have power of banishment to .duplo! Who wants some? (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Sophie wrote: Good post. (...) Sounds like a perfect job for you. You could do a whole series--a la the little blue bot, little red bot etc--but one could have a brick for a head (little lugnet admin-a-bot), one with a (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  resignations

Hey, Just wanted to add my two cents that I'm saddened by both of these resignations. It's really too bad that accusations fly and people get upset over something that's supposed to be fun for all of us. I know that both of you are very active (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: I resign from the LPRV committee

(...) Hmm, some good thoughts. Can we move this discussion to lugnet.admin.suggestions, and could someone start a new thread there, capturing the discussion so far? Frank FUT: lugnet.admin.suggestions (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Another resignation: I'm stepping down.

Lenny, please don't go. We need good people here to help grow community. Perhaps if we all shared more about building these kinds of things wouldn't happen. I have always felt that way. Please don't blame yourself. I think Felix put it best some (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact