 Administrative / General / 12671
Re: Email Postings being swallowed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:22:50 GMT

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 11:41:20AM +0000, Derek Raycraft wrote:
If my spelling is off, it's because I'm posting through the web
interface. :-)

The problem of email postings just disappearing into the ether has
been around for quite a while. Basically I write a post, mail it in,
and get no auth responce. So I wait around a while and try again.

This hasn't happened to me at all since the new year. Until recently.
Over the last week I've had several messages disappear. Many of which
I didn't bother to repost. The moment was lost.

Anyway, I know this is a long standing problem, I just though I'd
point out it's been happening a lot more lately.

The problem is, that when I look at your held posts, they all say that
the notification email was sent to you.  Is there any possibility that
they're not delivered for some reason?  ISP spam filtering, etc?

FWIW, I post via email, and haven't had a lost auth email since Todd
fixed the '/' bug back in the day.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com