 Administrative / General / 12672
Re: Email Postings being swallowed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:59:36 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger wrote:

The problem is, that when I look at your held posts, they all say that
the notification email was sent to you.  Is there any possibility that
they're not delivered for some reason?  ISP spam filtering, etc?

Well definitly a random problem.  Maybe I'm just hitting a high point in the
random incident generator.

Every message I email I BCC myself on.  I've never missed one of those.  I don't
believe my ISP is filtering outbound email.  It does filter in bound email, but
only by placing the prefex [Bulk] to the subject.

I also filter my mail with Mail.app and ThunderBird's Junk mail filter, but I've
never had a lugnet post appear in the Junk folder.  I retain the last week of
posts, so I checked and could not find any of the missing auth messages in those
folders.

This is the most recent post that had the original message go missing:

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=13856

I don't know how hard it would be to search for two copies of this message in
the in bound mail, but I did a resend of this message so the text should be
exactly the same.  The one thing I might have done is removed .technic the
second time I sent it.

I also haven't had any complains from people not being able to reach me through
email.

I recently changed my email address from the rogers domain to the djr domain.
But that was a few months ago now.  I haven't had this problem again until
recently.

Derek