 Administrative / General / 1069
Re: Robotics sub-groups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:08:49 GMT

This is just my opinion, but I don't think that the creation of separate groups
for legos or h8forth would be a good idea right now.  Although a dedicated group
to discuss alternative firmware is a good idea, I think overspecializing it
right now would reduce the chances for individual firmware projects to grow
significantly in popularity.  If a person happens to use only firmware X, and
subscribes only to that firmware group, he misses out on potential benefits that
can be reaped by seeing what is happening in other firmware developments.  This
will ultimately not be much of an issue as each separate firmware project
stabilizes, but during these initial phases of development, I believe that
everyone can benefit most by having a single firmware newsgroup, and subdividing
that as necessary as new firmware projects develop and current ones begin to
stabilize.

Mark