 Administrative / General / 1066
RE: Robotics sub-groups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 13:53:55 GMT

Todd (I think) wrote:

[I would like to see legOS in its own group due to (a) its
popularity, (b)
because its creator said he could really use a dedicated group to
help him
focus on it, and (c) h8hforth may need benefit from its own group
someday.]

As the creator? of HFORTH, I would LOVE to have a gruop focused on
it. As it stands I am up to my eyeballs in paying consulting work
and my family, and barely have enough time to keep development
going.

Markus has done a great job on LegOS and I would encourage anyone
familiar with C to tackle the system, I got a lot of important ideas
from his work.

HFORTH will be more geared to a text interface with no need for a
compiler, the FORTH kernel does it for you. I have recently added
motor and sensor control, but have not had time to add timers
which are needed for any serious work. If you are interested in HFORTH,
please be patient and look at all of the other work like NQC, LegOS,
and even the lego supplied software :-) The more the group hacks
at the beast, the better we will be able to help TLG to develop the
next product. Although with a 6 year development cycle, we could all
be old folks by the time it happens :-)

Shamelessly stolen sig below...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

A picture is worth a thousand words, but very few
sets of a thousand words can be adequately described
by a picture...
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com