 Administrative / General / 995
Re: CFD: robotics sub-groups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 22:26:12 GMT

I would like to offer my support of these groups wholeheartedly, while mentionin
the issue of the crynwyr mailing list and the fact that it's participants would not
necessarily be able to access the new groups (Although I do not believe it would be
appropriate to bridge it into the other groups either). I use the NNTP and would
not be affected by the issue, and would still vote for these groups.

Todd Lehman wrote:
[SNIP!]

I marked a few of these candidates with arrows (->) which seemed like they fit
best into a larger forward-growable general structure.  Those, in summary:

      lugnet.robotics.rcx
      lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
      lugnet.robotics.rcx.os.legos
      lugnet.robotics.events
      lugnet.robotics.events.robot-arena

All of this is, of course, open to debate/discussion/more brainstorming/etc.
Please keep in mind, however, that a united and energetic minority of people
making a solid case for a separate discussion area for their project holds a
lot more weight here than a stoic majority of people satisfied with the way
things are or passively going along with whatever everyone else decides.

--Todd

p.s.  This message is crossposted to lugnet.admin.general & lugnet.robotics,
with followups set to lugnet.admin.general.  If you don't subscribe to lugnet.*
newsgroups, but you still want to follow the discussion, you can view (and
optionally participate) using the web interface:
   http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.admin.general
or direct NNTP connection:

--
Technical Support requests should be sent to support@opendisc.com