 Administrative / General / 1068
Re: Larritarians of the world, unite.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:52:55 GMT

I believe this is a broken newsreader problem.  (Not at read-time but at
post-time.)  Once a thread tree gets to about 15 or 16 nodes deep and
exceeds a certain number of characters (512 in the NNTP spec and 256 in • some
other broken cases), the Message-ID's on the tail end get truncated and
lost.  Note that this is not a problem inherent to NNTP; this problem is • due
solely to careless programming in newsreaders.  I don't know if all
newsreaders are broken, but we've seen several instances of this so far.

Haha, Yes, I'm using Outlook Express you are very probably right about it
being a problem at my end.

Thanks
Tim