 Administrative / General / 10039
  member packets

I'll make a more official post later, but for now, to put the mystery to rest... When Todd and I began LUGNET, years ago, the member pack was a fun project done in our spare time as an 'extra' thing for our new friends as they joined up. It was a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general) !

  member packets (continued)

sorry.. I'm posting from a library with time-limited 'net use. (...) anyway... after separating last spring, Todd handed the things over to me. It was then that I found out that all document/graphics files had been lost at some time in the past. In (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) Thanks for letting us know the story. Jude (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) Is there anything that we could do to help make the membership packets happen? For instance, could we pitch in a few bucks to help with the cost? It might be cheaper if you had the membership cards, bookmarks, etc. printed at a professional (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) Well, I've been thinking about this suggestion.. As it stands right now, my posessions are packed away in storage, including the nearly complete packets. I just took a look around in there, but didn't see the box right away. If I did locate (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) Ok, I found the box! I'll try to get these out. -Suz donations of postage stamps welcome.. Suzanne Rich 101 Village Farm Road Columbia, SC 29223 (22 years ago, 31-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

"LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> wrote in news:Gq3r6t.9yF@lugnet.com: (...) I have to point out that I am member 1206, and I was promised that packet... (...) It would have been nice to have received notification of this via the lugnet e-mail (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) Andy, I'm sorry there has been so much confusion about all of this. A large part of it is my fault. As of 14 Sep 2000 we intended to remove all mentions of member packets in the activation emails that go out. However, at that time, I missed a (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) Same goes for 1793 but I was not expecting it, my attitude was more if I do receive something it would be cool. I apriciate all the work they (the ppl. behind Lugnet, Suz, Todd & more) have done along the road and I don't hold anything against (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) You still missed a spot. Look where new members enter their postal address, and especially the IMPORTANT note: (URL) Straaberg, Denmark (URL) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) Heck - I'm member 446 and I've never received my packet either, so I wouldn't hold your breath... I would say if you have never received your packet, you ain't getting one :) -mark (2) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

I joined a little over a year ago and remember seeing this about a packet. Since it never said what was included I just figured it was some paperwork, maybe an "official member" card or certificate, or something with the Lugnet logo to (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) I'd have to agree. For me, the real important part of being a member isn't the membership packet. It's the community, the ideas, the talk, the pics, and the fun. While I understand some consternation about not replying to communication as (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

P.S. Please take some time to watch "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory". PL^2, T~ (21 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

...And besides, it seems awfully pushy to take people to task for not handing out membership cards and papers when web pages about Faith, Friends, Music, Summer Madness, TEC, Alpha, and Contact Me are promised but not delivered. "Let he among you (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets

(...) Hi Suzanne, Todd Although I'm not really looking forward for the "membership pack" that you may or may not send (it will be cool if you did though) as much as I'm really looking forward for my membership it self ! I filled the application not (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) It says "To which address should we send you membership package" just below the address fields. Maybe something like: "At some time we would like to send out a membership package. If we ever do, to which address would you like us to send it?" (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

There is also still a large section about membership packets on that page under the "All Set?" header near the bottom. It really is sad that we have over 1000 members who are still waiting for these things. Bryan (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) What's really sad to me is that people are so selfish about something as insignificant as this. I don't believe that of those 1000 members, all 1000 are pulling their hair out and stomping around the room with steam coming out of their ears (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) I think you are taking it a bit too far. I also am not losing sleep over this. But does that mean others should not want it, or be concerened about it? They were given the impression they would get one - so are they wrong for wanting it? Maybe (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) Mark, You might be right about that...perhaps bringing out selfishness is a bit harsh, especially since there are so many of such different ages. But I also have to think that talking legal action (see (URL) )is taking it a bit far, too. I (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (continued)

(...) Mark, You might be right about that...perhaps bringing out selfishness is a bit harsh, especially since there are so many of such different ages. But I also have to think that talking legal action (see (URL) )is taking it a bit far, too. I (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: member packets (puleeze!)

I get that some folks are embittered about not getting member pack thingies, and when we raise expectations about stuff and then do not deliver gloriously, unfortunateness must ensue. But I'm reading this and its just seems a bit strange... (...) (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.admin.general) !