 Administrative / General / 10043
Re: member packets (continued)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:03:44 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Bryan Beckwith writes:

Is there anything that we could do to help make the membership
packets happen?  For instance, could we pitch in a few bucks to help
with the cost?

Well, I've been thinking about this suggestion..  As it stands right now, my
posessions are packed away in storage, including the nearly complete
packets. I just took a look around in there, but didn't see the box right
away. If I did locate it, and made time to finish those up, I should
consider what help I could get from the community.

I'd rather not have other people involved in the actual "envelope stuffing,"
because of the handling of passwords, private mailing addresses, etc. But it
would be pretty great if folks would send postage stamps. Maybe that's an
option. It could potentially save me $170 or so.

It might be cheaper if you had the membership cards, bookmarks, etc.
printed at a professional printshop.  It would also mean less work for
you.  The membership cards could be altered slightly (instead of
printing the membership number, it could be done with a number
stamp) to allow for mass printing.

Yes, certainly, that should have been the way to go, had we planned for the
long term.

Knowing that I will probably never meet more than a few LUGNET
members in real life, I looked forward to receiving a few silly things
to make LUGNET seem more physically real.
I guess it's kind of silly, but I liked the idea of knowing that I had
the same little trinkets as everyone else.  It just
seemed to create a little more of a sense of community, at least to me

Heh, I know what you mean.. that's how I feel about my LUGNET t-shirt.

:-)

-Suz