 Administrative / General / 10756
Re: member packets (continued)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 02:28:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Bryan Beckwith writes:
It really is sad that we have over 1000 members who are still waiting for
these things.

     What's really sad to me is that people are so selfish about something
as insignificant as this.  I don't believe that of those 1000 members, all
1000 are pulling their hair out and stomping around the room with steam
coming out of their ears because of the injustice of not receiving their new
member packets.  I, for one, am not worried about it, and I've seen several
other comments in this thread that repeat that feeling.
     There are people in this world who will sleep tonight on dirt in the
cold and wonder what (or if) they'll eat this week.  We actually get to
spend money on little plastic parts and the internet access it takes to
write with somebody about it.  How important is a membership packet?  We
have homes, and food, and toys.
     A membership in this community is worth so much more than the $10
***LIFETIME*** fee, and, really, I don't see a membership card and
certificate adding all that much to the experience.  Please read my other
comments on this idea at: http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=10750

Peace and Long Life,
Tony Alexander