 Administrative / General / 10734
Re: member packets (continued)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:14:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

"LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> wrote in news:Gq3r6t.9yF@lugnet.com:

Info online about membership and the conf e-mail should not have had any
promises on there related to packets beyond the first ?650 members or
so.. Todd had expected us to switch to a simpler single-sheet-of-paper
kinda thing saying thanks and giving a typed password for safe keeping.
[Oh yeah, forgot to mention that each folder was fed through printer to
get its unique password, then matched to its member card and mailing
label]

I have to point out that I am member 1206, and I was promised that
packet...

I'll make sure we update all language for future members. I am sorry for
it having given such false expectations to those who already signed up.
It was not meant to be deceptive. If anyone sent their $10 in hopes to
get nifty LEGO stuff in the mail, and is now unsatisfied, please let me
know privately.

It would have been nice to have received notification of this via the
lugnet e-mail database.  A simple e-mail message to all members advising
that unfortunately no more member packets would be mailed out (allowing
for those, who like me, weren't subscribed to the lugnet newsgroups) would
have saved me a lot of hassle.

One element is that at law, you are technically in breach of contract, as
the member packet was promised as part of the legal consideration for our
membership fees.

I truly am sorry. I feel pretty stupid about dropping that ball. What
started out as a typical goof-up where I thought I could do a lot more
than I really could, became worse because I didn't admit it when I
should have.

One final thing.  I now have the answer I wanted in some e-mails I sent a
few weeks ago.  However, I have to say that it is at best rude not to even
acknowledge e-mails concerning lugnet, which in my experience is exactly
what has happened several times.  While I appreciate how busy you guys
are, it is not satisfactory in the slightest.

I was very seriously considering asking for my membership fee to be
returned, not because of the failure to send my member packet, but because
of the failure to deal with lugnet business.  Perhaps someone could check
the feedback@lugnet.com e-mail account, or Todd and Suzanne could check
their respective e-mail accounts and answer my e-mail sometime.

Andy

--
andy@andyboal.co.uk