 Administrative / General / 10759
Re: member packets (continued)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 00:12:08 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Mark Papenfuss writes:
I think you are taking it a bit too far.
Mark,
     You might be right about that...perhaps bringing out selfishness is a
bit harsh, especially since there are so many of such different ages.
     But I also have to think that talking legal action (see
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=10734 )is taking it a bit far, too.
I just want people to realize that even  if we were never to get these
things, we still get much more than $10 worth of community for our
membership fees.  And I believe that not acknowledging the hard and often
thankless work done essentially by fellow fans is just disrespectful.

..does that mean others should not want it, or be concerened about
it? They were given the impression they would get one - so are they wrong
for wanting it? Maybe they want the Lugnet minifig torso stickers so they
can decorate one of their figs with it.

What I am trying to say is there is nothing wrong with some people asking
about it, and even being dissapointed that they have not got one. That does
not make them immature, or wrong for being upset over this 'injustice of not
receiving their new member packets'.

     I agree that it's not wrong to be disappointed by this, and it's not
wrong to ask about it.  But I think that to be as pushy about it as some are
being **IS** wrong, and starts one thinking about how important it really
could be.
     A good $0.02 - thank you for sharing it with me.

Peace and Long Life,
Tony Alexander