 Administrative / Search Results: internet mail service
 Results 2081 – 2100 of 2225.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: De Bouwsteen club

(...) That's exactly how I see it, too, except for one thing: it's that "at least until" part that makes me really nervous. What happens when there -are- dozens of clubs around? This could be as soon as 6 months from now. Do we delete or move groups (...) (25 years ago, 12-Aug-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.405)

  Folks, we are not playing well

I'm probably going to regret this post. So be it... Some of you may be aware of a variety of bad stuff brewing over misplaced, or possibly misplaced, auction and trade posts. There has been a lot of discussion about how some people might be so (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.theory)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  New Policy on Bickering in LUGNET Newsgroups

Effective immediately, the LUGNET administration is enacting a new policy aimed at cutting down on bickering in the newsgroups. We understand that emotions and impulses can come into play when things get heated. In times like that, it's often (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.terms) !!

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Lugnet slowing down?

Does it seem to anyone else that lugnet.com is being slower to download messages? At various times yesterday, for an hour today, and still now as I write this I have been downloading messages. And Agent STILL says it has 137 tasks left to complete (...) (26 years ago, 29-Sep-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Mailing list gateways

(...) [...] (...) No. Whenever the depth of a hierachy on Usenet is extended, the original group is terminated, and a .misc group is created to handle what's not put in other groups. The problem is that some servers don't notice it, when newsgroups (...) (26 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Disappearing name in MS Outlook Express

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999 00:33:37 GMT, Larry Pieniazek uttered the following profundities... (...) Well, I think 10 of those at least are mine. Todd was a great help in getting me sorted. It was neither Lugnet, nor OE that was the problem, it was me! I (...) (26 years ago, 27-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Web interface

Hrmmmm, a couple more things. One is a Lugnet suggestion, one may just be an HTML question. First, when I post a message all I get a choice of doing is returning to the group I was reading. While this is probably what I will want to do some of the (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: NNTP Posting Broken?

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3B2E1051.1F1A@m...ing.com... (...) I've had 1 post go astray and not received an email confirmation for it. This is what I feared might happen - relying on multiple protocols to achieve a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Email Authentication - Why not make it optional?

I agree that it is time consumeing, as someone else wrote - I too write them offline and then dail in and send them. It is cheaper and gives one time to think about the answer. I also saves money. Now, there is a simple way around this - in Outlook (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: email settings

(...) Hi David, interesting effect we are seeing here; it turns out that LUGNET stores your posting email address outside of your normal user profile. Remember that you need to authorize any email address you wish to use for posting separately? It (...) (15 years ago, 31-Jan-10, to lugnet.admin.general, FTX)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Curator for lugnet.trains

(...) Note this request... (...) When I got it, there was no link there. I added the (Link?) so that if people have the link they would send it to me. Like I said, it's going to get waxed if I don't get a link for it soon. (...) This is a bit of an (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Identity Theft

To the LUGNET membership, I have seen two blatant cases of identity theft in LUGNET newsgroups today (2001.05.24). This is in direct violation of the sections 'Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Terms of Use (6)' and 'Discussion Group Terms and (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.admin.terms) !!

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Relocating errant messages

I'm not sure if this is against the spirit of LUGNET or not. My suggestion is to allow LUGNET administrators and group curators to relocate whole message threads to appropriate groups, in the case that the poster mistakenly posted to the wrong (...) (22 years ago, 22-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  creeping marketting...

A thought I just had, which may merrit some thought, and may be best dumped in the refuse bin. How about having a volunteer for each theme group post a once a day (at most) post to the theme groups giving references to all the market posts with (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Is a FUT .market.auction okay?

(...) I would tend to think that if they're looking for an item at a certain price, they will not be terribly interested in an auction. If you're running a private auction (automated or not), I would contact the interested party and indicate that (...) (25 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.council)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Opinions wanted: article rating harmful? (was: New feature: Article rating)

All, It seems at this point that the article rating feature -- intended to help -- is actually causing more harm than good to the community. It's difficult to gauge how much harm is being done when opinions are so varied, but it's clear that (...) (24 years ago, 20-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce) !!

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Excessive Cross Posting

(...) I think that's a bit extreme, although what I snipped below is good discussion fodder. I think a number of the recent cross posts have been initiated by people who either are new, or who don't post as often as some of us. An initial cross post (...) (24 years ago, 18-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: THE LAST WORD

(...) Absolutely. I originally set follow-up to .debate because of the potential for controversy or flames. I didn't make it an adminstrative issue becuase I try to give the benefit of the doubt, and suggested it might be in error, and offered a (...) (26 years ago, 9-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Re: succession strategy if catastrophe

(...) Actually, that wouldn't be -too- bad. No one would probably even notice anything had happened for one or two weeks (and then only because of silence). It would probably take about a week to satisfy red-tape requirements (whatever they are; (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jun-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

mail
(score: 1.404)

  Suggest clarification or FAQ entry or new group for BrickShelf discussion

see this thread: (URL) is right, it's not at all clear what the right group to FUT to is for BrickShelf(tm) related stuff. A lot of the time it seems to fit into lugnet.publish... is that always the right group? lugnet.admin.brickshelf while (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

mail
(score: 1.404)

More:  Next Page >>